Wednesday, April 20, 2011

o3; Here Come the Bridesmaids

When it comes to any sort of planning, I am determined to get everything I can done as early as possible. Not because I need everything to be perfect or run smoothly (always a plus), but because I hate waiting. I felt sort of weird, a couple days after having set the date (for a year and a half from now) and I was already at the bridal salon trying on dresses. I bought one already (though there won't be a post about the dress until the very end) and a couple days later, dragged three of my bridesmaids to the salon to stuff them in dresses too.

Luckily for me, everything went well.

There were certain things I absolutely wanted in a bridesmaid dress.
  1. Cocktail length. It's going to be in the middle of August. Why one earth would I want to put my friends in long, clingy gowns, or worse, the dreaded frumpy bridesmaids dress! Not only was the heat a concern, but Something of a shorter length is much easier to move around in, dance in, and also I like the look of shorter dresses better
  2. Not strapless. I don't know how my girls feel about this, but I refuse to be strapless in a church, out of respect. I didn't want to be responsible for someone else's bare shoulders. Not to mention how nice it will be to not have to be worrying about pulling the top of the dress up every 6 minutes
  3. Not Chiffon. 
  4. Electric Blue (or 'Malibu' according to the colour chart)
  5. Under $150. Ideally, they'll be able to, and want to wear this dress again, but in the event that they don't, at least they didn't break the bank.
  6. Comfortable/Flattering for all body types. My bridal party has it all: The curvy, the average, the stick, and the super skinny with huge knockers. I'm a bride who wants her girls to look radiant, but the old saying is true. If you look good, you feel good. Why wouldn't I want them to look amazing in what they're wearing? If you hate the dress you're wearing, chances are you don't feel like you look good in it. I mean, I feel crappy all day if I don't like the panties I decided to wear, and no one sees them! (Though I've asked around and apparently this is common) I never understood the brides who feel the need to put their bridesmaids in ugly dresses. As the bride, ALL the attention is on you anyway! No need to dull anyone out! Besides, that doesn't say much as a friend. "Oh you guys are my best friends and I love you so much, but sorry, you can't look hotter than me." It's your wedding day. You have no one to impress, except your husband, and if his eyes are somewhere else, then maybe you have bigger problems..
So there was my list. Luckily for me, on a poster in the salon were three girls wearing dresses (in malibu!) that were clearly from the same collection, but each different in it's own way. In less than an hour, they had tried on 4 dresses, decided, and paid for the winner. Easy peasy Japonesey.
 
Obviously not my colour
I love it, 3/5 (my MOH gets a special dress) girls love it, two of them still have to try it on (next week!) and order. The only thing that is totally stinky is that this dress in Malibu takes fifteen WEEKS to come in. Then there will most likely be alterations tha

Also, because I am the resident Crystal Queen (self proclaimed, naturally) I will be embellishing under the bust and the 'Y' neckline with Malibu Swarovskis. :) That won't be happening for some time though as, well, the dresses won't even be here until July.

Thanks for reading!

:: Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment